Couches are of many types and vary a lot in price. Mostly they are very expensive. And we cannot afford to regularly buy a new couch. Maintaining an old couch is also a tough job and there are many problems you can face while cleaning them. You should be very careful while cleaning an old couch. Take care of all the safety measures and precautions before cleaning an old couch. You can take best couch cleaning services expert advice before cleaning an old couch. To know more about why is it necessary to clean old couches carefully?, read the blog thoroughly.
How To Clean an Old Couch?
Before knowing why is it necessary to clean old couches carefully, let’s know how to clean the old couches.
- Bristle brush
- Dishwashing detergent
- Baking soda
- Vacuum cleaner
- Spray bottle
Step 1 – Clean excess dirt and debris using a handheld vacuum cleaner. This will help in the removal of all the dust and bacteria from the couches.
Step 2- Prepare for cleaning the couch by removing all the cushions and couch covers. Also, prepare the cleaning solutions. This will make your process easier.
Step 3- Mix ¼ cup of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of castile soap and mix it properly and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray it on the stain and use a clean cloth to dab the solution on the stains. Make sure you don’t saturate the fabric. Later blot the stain using a clean damp cloth. Allow it to dry and repeat the process.
Step 4- After cleaning the couches, it is important to neutralise the odours from the couches. Baking soda is useful for this step. Just sprinkle baking soda all over the couch and use a brush to spread it all over the couch. Let it settle for some time and absorb the moisture from all over the couch. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the baking soda from the couch. You can also use a solution of water and vinegar or water and vodka for neutralising the odours.
How To Makeover Your Couch
What Happens If Old Couches Are not Cleaned Carefully?
- Wear And Tear Problems- The most common problem faced by us if we do not clean the old couches carefully is the wear and tear of the couch. As the age of the couch progresses, it becomes more versatile and smooth. This will create the problem of wear and tear on the couch. Once the couch becomes old the fabric also loses its capacity and strength so when it is cleaned using a brush or any chemicals there are chances that it could get torn easily. This is one of the reasons why is it necessary to clean old couches carefully?.
- Fading Of The Colour Of The Fabric- As the couch gets older the colour usually fades with time and some chemicals are present in the cleaners that will cause fading of the couches. Some brushes are good for cleaning the new couches but can cause problems for old and used couches.
- Leaving Marks On The Couches- Once the couch becomes old it will become more vulnerable to catching stains. If the cleaning process is not up to the mark it will result in leaving marks on the couches which can be hard to get rid of. This is one of the reasons why is it necessary to clean old couches carefully?.
- Causing Shrinkage Of The Fabric- Some of the cleaners have some chemicals that can cause many problems such as shrinkage of the fabric which will later result in the tearing of the fabric of the couches. This problem not only occurs in the old couch but can also occur in the new couches as well depending upon the fabric of the couch and the cleaner used to clean the couch.
- Weakening Of Handles And Legs- Once the couches become old the handles and the legs also become old. If these are made up of iron they might catch rust. And if they are made up of wood they might break. If the cleaning process is harsh, it will result in damaging the handles and legs of the couches. You must take care of these things while cleaning old couches. This is one of the reasons why is it necessary to clean old couches carefully?.
Book Professional Cleaners- Revive Your Old Couches
Professional couch cleaning services are important in order to maintain the beauty and health of the couch. Especially when it comes to old couches, professional cleaning could be the best option. They will take care of all the precautions before cleaning the couches. If you live in Brisbane and nearby suburbs as Toowoomba, Ipswich, Gold Coast, Sunshine Cost then hire the professionals of CBD couch cleaning Brisbane. They are amongst the best cleaners in Brisbane. All the cleaners of CBD Couch cleaning Brisbane company are well equipped with the latest tools available in the market. They are known for their timely and effective couch cleaning services. You can hire them by giving a call on 07 3184 4760.